Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why has my signing into email suddenly started to close up my chat?

I use my email and chat for work purposes and have always had them both open at the same time. Now, when I pull up my email, I am disconnected from chat. This is a disaster.

Why has my signing into email suddenly started to close up my chat?
How to enable chat in he new Yahoo Mail:





See the smiley face next to your user name at the top of the mail page?





Click it 鈥?then click Available, Busy, or Invisible.





Yahoo! Mail will remember your choice when you return 鈥?even if you choose Sign out of chat.





Yahoo! Messenger users: If Yahoo detect that you鈥檙e already signed into Messenger on your desktop, Yahoo will just quietly not sign you into chat 鈥?Yahoo does not want to interrupt what you鈥檙e already doing.





Of course, you can always change your status from the menu in Mail.





Signing into chat will sign you out of Messenger on your desktop. You can't be signed on both mail chat and your Yahoo Messenger.


No comments:

Post a Comment